Re: removing circle in Polar Stereographic Projections

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 24 2014 - 09:24:27 MST

Ahmad,

The "draw_bb_box" is for drawing a bounding box around all graphical objects in one frame. This is meant more for debugging purposes than for trying to get boundaries around individual maps.

If you want a rectangular polar stereographic plot, then you shouldn't use gsn_csm_contour_map_polar, because this gives you an elliptical polar map.

I would simply use "gsn_csm_contour_map" and set the following resources:

  res@mpProjection = "Stereographic"
  res@mpCenterLatF = 90
  res@mpLimitMode = "LatLon"
; res@mpMinLatF = 30. ; if desired
  res@mpMaxLatF = 90.

See the attached example script and image.

--Mary