Re: Function to collapse a "2D" array to a 1D array

From: Alan Brammer <abrammer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 25 2014 - 17:52:00 MST

Not much info in them email, but this may actually be the more specific function you’re after.
With the example array it will produce the same result as Kyles (without knowing whether you have metadata attached), though I think this is what you actually want to do. i.e. remove a singleton dimension.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/rm_single_dims.shtml
This requires v6.1.0+

Again the ncl website is exceedingly easy to find things on. There aren’t a whole lot of functions under array manipulation.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/array_manip.shtml

Alan.