Array subscripting with multiple dimensions

From: Emma Catherine TURNER <E.C.Turner-2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 11 2014 - 07:12:06 MDT

Hi,

I am trying to sub-select dimensions of a multi dimension array, and for
one of the dimensions the range is non consecutive.

For example the array v is 1000x100x8000 in size.

I want all of the first dimension, all of the last dimension, and
element 56, 57, 62 and 63 of the second dimension. So what I am doing is:

x=v(:,55:56:61:62,:)

but this is throwing up errors. However if it were a one dimensional
array such as in the examples in the NCL help pages..
v = (/0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9/)
v2 = v(1:7:3) > v2 is an array containing the
                 elements 1,4,7
Apparently this works though?

Can you help please?

Thanks
Emma T

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.