Re: Snow depth interpolation

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 05 2014 - 08:37:07 MST

Assuming you have a triplet: lat[*], lon[*], val[*]

[1] I would eliminate all observations east of 87W and south of 45.5N.
     This would definitely prevent any obs from the western shore regions
     of Michigan from affecting the interpolation. I would keep all
     other obs regardless of state.

     ii = ind(lon.lt.-87.0) ; eliminate Michigan obs

     Then use lat(ii), lon(ii), val(ii)

[2] Try http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml
           Example 21

[3] The next release of NCL [ 6.2.0 ] will have high quality
     nearest neighbor interpolation.

     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/future_release.shtml

Good luck