Re: Fatal Error Message

From: Jared Lee <jaredlee_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 26 2014 - 13:42:26 MDT

[be sure to reply to ncl-talk and not to me directly, so that other
members of the community can benefit and offer suggestions if they have any]

Hi Lisa,

It's probably not the specific cause, unless some other script is
calling this script as a function, but it still couldn't hurt to try
that (and it's usually good programming practice to do that anyway).
What's almost certain is that somehow you're getting an array that's too
large for your computer's memory to handle. So if the simple things
such as cleaning up/deleting variables doesn't help, I'd suggest
thinking about if there's another way you can break up your data
processing (loops? subsetting your data? writing your data to file?) so
that you don't have such huge array(s) being stored in memory or being
operated upon. Going from the information you've sent so far, I don't
really have anything more specific to suggest at this point.

Jared