IPO index calculation

From: Mahesh Varma <mkmvarma_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 14:56:02 MDT

Hi,
I am trying to calculate Interdecadal Pacific Oscillation Index using
HadSST2 data. I am following Parker et al., 2007 method to calculate the
IPO. Parker et al. use a filter called Chebyshev filter. I am not sure if
NCL has any built in function that does Chebyshev filtering. I could
calculate IPO index without the filter and but am particularly interested
in reproducing the monthly principal component values as in Parker et al.
2007. Does any one have a script already written to calculate IPO? Any help
will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mahesh