Re: Matching the boundary of data and map, Thanks!

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 01 2014 - 09:39:56 MDT

Dear Xiaoming,

If your data boundary is not matching the map boundary, this is usually because your map projection parameters are not correct.

You need to know *exactly* what Lambert Conformal parallels and meridian were used for your data, and then use these values.

How are you getting these three values? Sometimes they are on the file, say as global attributes, or they may be attached to your data variable as attributes.

You probably don’t want to use the masked lambert conformal option, because this is mainly for viewing a smaller section of your original lambert conformal map.

Finally, are you also setting the two corners of your projection as seen in “lcnative_1.ncl”, via the mp*Corner* resources?

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/lcnative.shtml

This example is also setting “tfDoNDCOverlay” to True, but you don’t need to do this if you are providing lat/lon coordinates to the plotting function.

—Mary