Issues with reading in forecast ensemble data

From: Michael Ventrice <michael.ventrice_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 14:54:23 MDT

Hello,

I am trying to read in GFS ensemble model data in real-time using NCL
(Using version 6.0.0). I am coming across an odd issue where I call in all
64 time steps and ensemble members individually, join the files together by
looping over each ensemble member, which are dumped into an variable that I
created. Now I can see all file paths being correctly called out to
forecast hour 384. However after I join files, I am only capable to read 43
time steps where it should read all 64 time steps in.

Oddly enough, I was receiving the same issue when I swap over to the
European ensembles, where I can only read in 43 time steps. Is there some
limitation that I hitting without knowing?

Thanks for whatever help you may offer. I have attached the snippet of code
that I am using and output file from the terminal window.

Best regards,
Mike V.

--
* Michael **Ventrice**, Ph.D.  *|  Operational Scientist
* w:*       *e:* michael.ventrice@weather.com