Re: Any resource for contour line labels' color?

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2014 - 19:03:45 MDT

Here is how to get NCL to tell you about all available contour line label resources (including those having to do with color):

ncl 2> print(NhlGetClassResources("contourPlotClass",".*LineLabel.*"))
(0) cnExplicitLineLabelsOn
(1) cnHighUseLineLabelRes
(2) cnLineLabelAngleF
(3) cnLineLabelBackgroundColor
(4) cnLineLabelConstantSpacingF
(5) cnLineLabelDensityF
(6) cnLineLabelFont
(7) cnLineLabelFontAspectF
(8) cnLineLabelFontColor
(9) cnLineLabelFontColors
(10) cnLineLabelFontHeightF
(11) cnLineLabelFontQuality
(12) cnLineLabelFontThicknessF
(13) cnLineLabelFormat
(14) cnLineLabelFuncCode
(15) cnLineLabelInterval
(16) cnLineLabelPerimColor
(17) cnLineLabelPerimOn
(18) cnLineLabelPerimSpaceF
(19) cnLineLabelPerimThicknessF
(20) cnLineLabelPlacementMode
(21) cnLineLabelStrings
(22) cnLineLabelsOn
(23) cnMonoLineLabelFontColor
(24) lgLineLabelFont
(25) lgLineLabelsOn

The second parameter to this function is parsed as a regular expression. If you don't know the syntax you may need to find some documentation, but
in this case, it has '.*' at both the beginning and the end to mean find any resource associated with the contourPlotClass that contains the string "LineLabel".
The "lg" resources actually belong to the Legend class but they can be set for contours if you have a legend.
You can look under "cn" resources in the docs to read about these resources.

 -dave