plotting (top bottom or bottom top?)

From: Paula Doubrawa <pdoubraw_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2014 - 16:48:27 MDT

Hello, all-

Normally, the way we think of arrays is starting at the upper left corner,
so that it looks something like:

x (0,0) x (0,1) x (0,2)
x (1,0) x (1,1) x (1,2)
x (2,0) x (2,1) x (2,2)

When we call a plotting routine, the origin is at the bottom left corner,
so I am assuming NCL does this up-down flipping automatically (as does
matlab when you call a contour, for example).

My question: *Is there is a plotting routine in ncl that plots the array AS
IS*, with the origin in the upper right, so we can look at the data in its
original form, as we would with *imagesc* for example in matlab? If not, is
it really equivalent to just use ::-1 indexing to reverse the rows?

I am sorry if this sounds silly, I just get really confused with indexing
and I can't find the right words to put on a search bar...

Thanks a lot for your help,
Paula

--
*Paula Doubrawa*