Re: Add overlay of ascii data from CSV file with missing values?

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2014 - 16:46:39 MDT

Hi Katrina,
Try this:

; untested, check that the coding below does what it is supposed to
dataj@_FillValue = -9999
datadjf = dataj(:,0:2)
datadjfgood = ind(.not.ismissing(datadjf(:,2)))

datadjf_good = dataj(datadjfgood,2)
lats_djfgood = dataj(datadjfgood,0)
lons_djfgood = dataj(datadjfgood,1)

plot(0)=gsn_csm_contour_map_polar(wks,precDJF,res)
dum1=gsn_add_polymarker(wks, plot(0), lons_djfgood, lats_djfgood, pmres)

Also, until you get this working, I would reduce dataj down to say size
(100,3). (Things might slow down a bit if you pass a large number of
points to gsn_add_polymarker. This way you'll know if things are working
sooner rather than later.)

Hope that helps. If not, please respond to ncl-talk.
Adam