calculate the mean power spectrum

From: <yjin7_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2014 - 21:09:56 MDT

?Hi all,

I am new to NCL, and I plan to do the power spectral analysis of a time series of PC, which has the dimension (neof*time). The time consists of 30yeras x 123days. What I want to do is to do the power spectral analysis of 123 days for each of the 30 years (say the first PC), and then make the average. I tried to do it using specx_anal() and write it as a loop, but I wasn't able to make it correct.

How can I do the power spectral analysis for each year and make the average? Also how can I deal with the Markov red noise and the upper and lower confidence levels? In addition, is there any way to change the frequency (x axis) to days?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Yan