Re: ESMF_RegridWeightGen not found

From: Sean Davis - NOAA Affiliate <sean.m.davis_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 27 2013 - 14:54:08 MST

Hi Mary,

That got me a bit further -- I now get a different error:

Fri Dec 27 14:37:31 sif scripts> ncl ex1.ncl
  Copyright (C) 1995-2013 - All Rights Reserved
  NCAR Command Language Version 6.1.2
  The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
  See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib
   Referenced from: /Users/sdavis/bin/ESMF_RegridWeightGen
   Reason: image not found
fatal:The result of the conditional expression yields a missing value.
NCL can not determine branch, see ismissing function
fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 2291 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3166 in
file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 23 in
file ex1.ncl

It looks to me like the file you provided is referencing a libgfortran
file that i don't have.

I downloaded the binary file from earthsystemgrid.org and installed it,
and I get the same error, so I don't think this is a macports issue.
Perhaps I need to compile from source?

Sean