Control on distinct colors for categories

From: <Freddie.Mpelasoka_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 12 2014 - 08:29:06 MDT

From: Mpelasoka, Freddie (CLW, Black Mountain)
Sent: Friday, 13 June 2014 12:23 AM
To: ncl-talk@ucar.edu
Subject: Control on distinct colors for categories

Dear All,

I am creating a plot using distinct colors for categorical data. I adopted =
a script to do this, apparently the script does not use my color scheme, bu=
t produces colors probably using a default colormap. I really need to have =
control of colors so that I can have desired contrast between neighbouring =
polygons/regions. I will be grateful for your help. I have attached my scri=
pt, for your perusal.

When I use ncl/6.0.0 I get " warning:cnFillPalette is not a valid resourc=
e in BasinsLocation_contour at this time"
When I use ncl/6.2.0 I get a blank output, with :
warning:CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "lightgreen", using w=
hite
warning:CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "darkblue", using whi=
te
warning:CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "darkbrown", using wh=
ite

Cheers, Freddie