Re: Control on distinct colors for categories

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 12 2014 - 09:35:51 MDT

Hi Freddie,

Two things going on:

1) the docs for cnFillPalette state that it is a new resource with NCL
v.6.1.0, hence that warning message.

2) those three colors are not in NCL's named colors database. I don't know
of a good way of telling what colors *are* in the database, other than a
hackish grep; for example, what shades of brown are available:

  cd $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/database
  grep -i brown rgb.*

However, I'm surprised the plot would be blank in the face of those three
warnings; perhaps something else is going on.

I hope that helps...
Rick