Re: Strange pattern fill issue with stippling when plotting wind barbs.

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 11 2014 - 15:32:37 MDT

Hi Philippe,

After looking through the wind-barb code, I am all but certain your
speculation is correct! It will take some more time to gen-up an example
and test the fix, but the fix looks to be a one-liner. Unfortunately, I
can't come up with a work-around -- this happens at such a low level in the
graphics code, its hard to undo the change-of-state from the NCL level.

The best I may be able to do is to get you a new ncl binary once a fix is
tested/verified. For that, I would need to know what system you are using:

  uname -a

In the meantime, I'm filing this as a bug, and I will also make or amend a
ticket for an option to thicken up patterned lines.

Thanks for your awesome clues in pinpointing the issue!
Rick