Re: add topography in the lon-height cross section plot

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 09:20:35 MDT

Hi Erika,
You could use gsn_add_polygon to add a filled polygon at the bottom of your
Hovmoller plot. The question would be how to get the topographic line that
you will fill beneath. (Use the surface pressure field to create one?)

Another graphical alternative is to again use a surface pressure field and
mask your flux data when it falls beneath the surface pressure.

Hope that all helps! If not, or if you have further questions, please
respond to the ncl-talk email list only.
Adam