Re: No ESMF_RegridWeightGen in RHEL5.1.0

From: Li Dong <dongli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2014 - 22:10:59 MDT

Dear Mary,

Thanks for explanation! So I can use a higher platform version such as =
RHEL6.2 in RHEL5 when I upgrade the compiler?

Li

On Jul 24, 2014, at 12:04, Mary Haley <haley@ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear Li,
>
> The issue is that this particular system only had gcc version 4.1.2 on =
it, and the ESMF software, which is not part of NCL, cannot be built =
with this older compiler.

> The other platforms have newer gcc compilers, versions 4.5 through at =
least 4.8, and ESMF can be built with all of these.

> My suggestion would be to upgrade your compiler if possible.
>
> --Mary
>

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Li Dong <dongli@lasg.iap.ac.cn> =
wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just found there is no ESMF_RegridWeightGen command in NCL 6.2.0 for =
RHEL5.1.0. Other platforms have this command. What is the reason?