Re: trouble with time_axis_labels in panel plot

From: Daniel Barandiaran <dbarandiaran_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 09:34:33 MDT

This is an interesting result. Your prediction of the only first plot
(last year) having tickmarks came true, but the date seems to be fine. It
turns out, btw, that loops can't be done with negative stride, but I just
turned the plot line to

plot(nyr-1-t) = gsn_csm_hov(wks,apcp(t,:239,:),res3)

as for the date, i put in the following test:

date = cd_calendar(time,0)
print(date(:,::8,1)+"-"+date(:,::8,2)+"-"+date(:,::8,0)+"
"+date(:,4::8,3)+"00hrs")

and the output was:

(0,0) 6-1-1979 1200hrs
(0,1) 6-2-1979 1200hrs
(0,2) 6-3-1979 1200hrs
(0,3) 6-4-1979 1200hrs
(0,4) 6-5-1979 1200hrs
(0,5) 6-6-1979 1200hrs
(0,6) 6-7-1979 1200hrs
(0,7) 6-8-1979 1200hrs
(0,8) 6-9-1979 1200hrs
(0,9) 6-10-1979 1200hrs
(34,83) 8-23-2013 1200hrs
(34,84) 8-24-2013 1200hrs
(34,85) 8-25-2013 1200hrs
(34,86) 8-26-2013 1200hrs
(34,87) 8-27-2013 1200hrs
(34,88) 8-28-2013 1200hrs
(34,89) 8-29-2013 1200hrs
(34,90) 8-30-2013 1200hrs
(34,91) 8-31-2013 1200hrs

as it should have been if the time variable was correctly attributed. I'm
still stumped...