Re: nco

From: Benjamin Lamptey (lamptey AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 08:13:53 MDT

Dear Sylvia,
Thanks for the info.
1. Averaging timsteps
For a file (ha*.nc) that contains 60 timesteps and I want to obtain a file
that contains 30 timesteps as my output.
For a file that contains 62 timesteps, I want to obtain 31 timesteps in my
output files.

I have used ncra to obtain a monthly file from these (ie just one value).
Because it simply averages all timesteps. Now I want to average
over strides 2.
I shall check the regridding facilities in NCL, like you suggested.
Thanks
Ben

Benjamin L. Lamptey Phone: (814) 863-7689 (office)
The Pennsylvania State University (814) 862-8384 (home)
Department of Meteorology Fax: (814) 865-3663
503 Walker Building
University Park, PA 16802

Email: lamptey AT essc.psu.edu WWW: http://www.essc.psu.edu/~lamptey
or : bll146@psu.edu