Re: gsnPanelLabelBar

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 01:02:00 MDT

    > Dear NCL users:
    >
    > Just wondering if the anyone has experienced trouble using
    > gsnPanelLabelBar when performing a panel plot ? I recently
    > upgraded my version of NCL from 4.2.0.a014 to 4.2.0.a018,
    > and now I am experiencing the following errors when
    > trying to a panel plot using gsnPanelLabelBar;
    >
    > fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 2967 in file
    > /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
    >
    > fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3163 in file
    > /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
    >
    > If I do not use gsnPanelLabelBar, the panel plot comes
    > out fine I just do not have my label bar. Any suggestions
    > would be greatly appreciated. I can forward a script of
    > resources if needed.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Matt
    > matthew.fearon@yale.edu

    After some investigation to this problem, it was determined that Matt
    needed to upgrade his version of NCL, which included new versions of
    the "gsn_code.ncl" and "gsn_csm.ncl" scripts. You can get the latest
    version (4.2.0.a019) from:

       http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/download.html

    The gsn_code.ncl and gsn_csm.ncl scripts are in the directory
    $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm, along with some other scripts that
    contain specialized CSM functions.

    For more information on these specialized functions, see:

       http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/Document/contrib.shtml
       http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/Document/sheaUtil.shtml
       http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/Document/ccm_func.shtml

    --Mary