Map over cartesian contourplot, curvilinear co-ordinates ?

From: Adolf Stips (adolf.stips AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 02:53:20 MDT

    Hi Mary and others,

    I have a problem very similar to that of Heiko plotting a map over a
    contourplot, which is not on a latitude/longitude grid (cartesian). So I
    guess I will
    also benefit from your response to Heiko.

    This problem is also related to the use of curvilinear grids, which at
    present cannot be plotted ??
    (Lat/Lon are 2D arrays in this case)
     - I remember this was discussed last year and some problem solution
    was envisaged from your side - is there any progress ??

    Many thanks, Adolf

    Adolf Stips
    Inland and Marine Waters unit
    CEC Joint Research Centre, TP 272