Re: Map over cartesian contourplot, curvilinear co-ordinates ?

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 08:42:46 MDT

adolf,

the latest version of ncl contains the ability to plot data that has 2d
lat/lon arrays.

I have examples of doing this with the POP ocean model which are
"curvilinear" at:
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/popscal.shtml
there is also a vector and streamline page.

you can download the latest version of NCL at:
http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/download.html

Note that if your data is on a native grid, e.g. native sterographic or
lambert conformal, then there is a different technique that you must
follow. Examples of this are at:
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/native.shtml

just out of curiosity, what institute in italy are you at? what do you use
NCL for? I track who uses my web site as an NCL reference, and italy is
always high on the list.

cheers,

sylvia

Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys@ucar.edu