ncl python module

From: Jeff Whitaker (jswhit AT XXXXXX)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 07:06:53 MST

    I've rewritten (and hopefully improved) my simple python-ncl module
    There's also now a web page
    (http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/~jsw/python/pyncl.html). The module basically
    allows you to write ncl scripts inside your python code to plot Numeric
    arrays. A dictionary object is created to hold your data and metadata,
    and this dictionary is used to automatically transfer the data to ncl. You
    don't have to explicitly write netCDF files in python and read them in
    ncl. A simple example is on the web page.

    Hope you find it useful, comments welcome.

    -Jeff

    --
    Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone : (303)497-6313
    NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/CDC1        FAX   : (303)497-6449