Re: JMA GRIB

From: Dave Brown (dbrown AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 10:24:43 MST

    Just to expand a bit on what Dennis said: NCL now handles
    reduced grids by interpolating extra points to produce a
    rectangular array where the number of points along the reduced
    dimension is equal to the row with the greatest number of
    points. The interpolation routine is adapted from code supplied
    by ECMWF. Both standard and Gaussian reduced grids are supported.
    Theoretically standard grids may be reduced along either the
    latitude or longitude direction, though no latitudinally-reduced
    examples have been observed or tested. If you encounter a
    GRIB file where NCL reports a size of 65535 for a dimension,
    then it's probably a reduced dimension and the new version of NCL
    is needed.
     -dave