importing arguments

From: Hauss Reinbold (reinbold AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 18:34:38 MST

Hey,

I see from the help archive that there exists a method to import shell
script variables and that's great. My question is, is there a way to
import arguments from the command line? For instance, is there a way
to run "ncl < script.ncl arg1 arg2 arg3" where the three arguments are
then used in the script? I can do this in GRADS I believe, I was
wondering if NCL had a clever way of doing it. I know there are other
ways of importing arguments (through the shell script for example) but
I'm wondering if NCL can handle this specifically.

Thanks.

Hauss Reinbold