variable naming

From: Maurice McHugh (mmchug4 AT lsu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 14:02:44 MDT

Hello all,

I have read variables from a file using:

vNames = getfilevarnames (inF)

and looped through the various elements of vNames. I would like to
rewrite the processed data to a netCDF file but using the original
variable name (ie the individual string elements of vNames). I have
problems creating this new variable for output using simple assignment
along the lines of:

$vName(n)$ = vAvgInt or, vName(n) = vAvgInt

All suggestions appreciated!

Regards,

Maurice

--
Maurice McHugh, Ph.D.

mmchug4@lsu.edu

Assistant Professor Ph: (225)578-0476 Department of Geography and Anthropology Fax: (225)578-4420 Louisiana State University