Re: ncl problem

From: Mary Haley (haley AT ucar.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 08:37:43 MST

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 araligin@onid.orst.edu wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to incorporate a fortran code into the ncl. After performing the
    > WRAPIT command I try to run the file along with the ncl code. At that time I
    > get the following error,
    >
    > warning:An error occurred loading the external file olrascii.so, file not
    > loaded
    > ld.so.1: ncl: fatal: relocation error: file ./olrascii.so: symbol
    > __f90_eslw: referenced symbol not found
    >

    > I have checked my PATH specification and I have the specified path for the
    > NCARG_ROOT . I am not able to find out where i am going wrong.
    >
    > Nilesh

    Hi Nilesh,

    I assume you are on a Sun system, as I recognize this symbol as being
    one in Sun's "fsu" library. The latest version of WRAPIT
    automatically loads this library if it detects that you also
    have a "sunperf" library on your system.

    You may have an older version of WRAPIT, so I've attached the latest
    WRAPIT to this message. Please give it a try, and if it doesn't work,
    email me separately and I'll try to help you out.

    To make sure that you are using the new WRAPIT and not the old one,
    put it in the same directory as your *.f or *.f90 file, make it
    "executable", and then run it with a "./" in front of it:

        chmod gou+x WRAPIT
        ./WRAPIT olrascii.f

    Cheers,