dods-problem(readind grib data)

From: jerry (jerry AT cwb.gov.tw)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 00:38:23 MDT

    HI
    I have a DODS-enabled version of NCL but i have some problem about reading grib data
    If i has a grib data call "Pacific.grb",take a example:

    1.
    f = addfile("http://........./Pacifif.grb","r") will got the error message
    fatal:The specified URL (http://........./Pacific.grb) does not reference an active DODS server or cannot be processed by DODS server

    so i change to f = addfile("http://........./Pacifif","r") and it can work

    2.

    I access the "Pacific.grb" in local site with the code
    f = addfile("/..../Pacific.grb","r")
    print(f)

    romote site with
    f = addfile("http://....../Pacific","r")
    print(f)

    The file was the same but output varibale name was different.

    Does any one ever access the dods grib data?