Re: cmyk warning

From: Fred Clare (fred AT ucar.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 19:57:12 MDT

    On Jul 19, 2005, at 4:33 PM, Joel Norris wrote:
    > Yes, I still get a plot. But is it in CMYK?

    One way is to look at the PostScript output file, but this is a
    bit obscure. There is a procedure in there "O" that defines colors.
    If that procedure calls another procedure "Sc", then you are getting
    cmyk colors ("Sc" invokes the PostScript operator "setcmykcolor");
    if the procedure "O" invokes "setrgbcolor" instead of "Sc",
    then you will be getting RGB colors. I need to define the color
    procedure at the beginning of a PostScript file which is why I
    need to know what it is supposed to be before opening the workstation.

    There will usually be a slight color shift between RGB and CMYK
    for bright colors when produced on a color printer. This can
    depend a lot on the printer. The attached PostScript files show
    a bluish square produced with RGB for one and CMYK for the other.

    Fred Clare