Re: lambert-conformal map

From: asphilli AT ucar.edu
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 08:56:42 MDT

Hi Micah,

For two dimensional lats/lons, you need to do something a little different
that normal lat/lon coordinate variable assigning:

  u = f->UVEL
  v = f->VVEL
  lat2d = f->ULAT
  lon2d = f->ULONG
  u@lon2d = lon2d
  u@lat2d = lat2d
  v@lon2d = lon2d
  v@lat2d = lat2d

I cropped the above from the first CCSM-POP (has 2D lat/lons) model
example on the NCL web page:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/popvec.shtml

Adam