Re: Gradient problem

From: Dennis Shea (shea AT ucar.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 08:40:32 MDT

> I use the function "gradsf" to calculate gradient.
> if my data has missing value or not global grid does any function can do it ?

No. This uses spherical harmonics. As indicated in the documentation,
missing data are not allowed and the data must be global.

You can use "center_finite_dif" if you have a regualr grid.
The grid points need not be equally spaced.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/center_finite_diff.shtml
Example 6 shows how to compute dT/dx ; u can use the same process for
latitude dT/dy.

goo luck