Looking for help converting WRF NetCDF output to GRIB, using "LAT S4D"

From: John Filipkowski (john.filipkowski AT amec.com)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 04:10:33 MDT

Hi,

I'm sending this e-mail out to this group, as many WRF users will be reading
this e-mail, in addition to those at "wrf-help@ucar.edu".

My apologies if this is not the correct forum for this question.

Has anyone used "LATS4D" to convert a WRF NetCDF file to GRIB?

Any pointers should be much appreciated!

Regards,

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Mary Haley wrote:

> Jerry,
>
> You can use gsn_add_text to add the station values, the same way that
> you use gsn_add_polymarker. You can then use the resource "txJust" to
> control how the text is position with respect to the X,Y value that
> you pass to gsn_add_text. For example, assuming your SST values are
> in a array called "sst_vals", then your code might look like this:
>
> sst_labels = new(dimsizes(sst_vals),string)
> sst_labels = sst_vals
>
> txres = True
> txres@txJust = "CenterRight"
> text = gsn_add_text(wks,sst,lon,lat,txres)
> plot1 = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,plot,lon,lat,polyres)
>
> The SST labels, then, will be just to the right of each polymarker.
>
> --Mary
>
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, jerry wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> I have some station data with latitude and longitude and SST.
>> I use the the follow code to plot station position on the map
>>
>> begin
>> f = asciiread("station.asc",(/20,4/),"float")
>> lat = f(:,0)
>> lon = f(:,1)
>> res = True
>> res@gsnDraw = False
>> res@gsnFrame = False
>> polyres = True
>> polyres@gsMarkerIndex = 16
>> polyres@gsMarkerSizeF = 5
>> wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","test")
>> plot = gsn_csm_map_ce(wks,res)
>>
>> plot1 = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,plot,lon,lat,polyres)
>> draw(wks)
>> frame(wks)
>> end
>>
>> But i still want to draw the value(SST) beside the station point.
>> How can i do?
>>
>> thanks for help

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete and destroy the message.