Volume transports in the Atlantic

From: Anders Ăman (andersa AT met.no)
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 04:02:22 MST

Hello there,
I 've a problem, that someone might be able and help me with.
I'm using POP in order to calculate the the Volume transport in the
Atlantic from top to bottom at different transects.
The balance should come out as about -1 SV or there about. This is a
result that I get at 25N and latitudes south of the equator.
On the other hand if I move north I would expect to get about the same,
but get quite a lot of variations.
I'm trying to stay very close to the model when coding, which is done in
NCL.
If you or someone else have heard of a similar problem I would be
grateful to hear it. Should you require the code I'll be happy to send
it to you.

Rgds Anders

Anders Aman
Norwegian Meteorological Institute