Re: shifted coastlines

From: <andrea.storto_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:15:22 +0100

Hi,

I tried to set tfDoNDCOveraly to False,

but I've no contour and I got these messages:

(0) check_for_y_lat_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.

(0) A valid latitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute equal to one of the following values:

(0) 'degrees_north' 'degrees-north' 'degree_north' 'degrees north' 'degrees_N' 'Degrees_north' 'degree_N' 'degreeN' 'degreesN'

(0) check_for_lon_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid longitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.

(0) A valid longitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute equal to one of the following values:

(0) 'degrees_east' 'degrees-east' 'degree_east' 'degrees east' 'degrees_E' 'Degrees_east' 'degree_E' 'degreeE' 'degreesE'

Andrea

Jonathan Vigh <vigh@atmos.colostate.edu>

16/01/2006 09:46 MST

andrea.storto@uniroma1.it

cc

ncl-talk@ucar.edu

bcc

Subject

Re: [ncl-talk] shifted coastlines

Hi Andrea,

I haven't done any WRF/NCL plotting yet (but will be in a few weeks).
Someone else had a problem that sounds somewhat like your problem - the
orography on a zoomed plot was misplaced from the coastlines and not
zoomed to match the other variables.

It seems that the map was being limited, but the orography data were
still plotted at the original domain resolution. I looked at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/tf.shtml

and had the idea of setting res@tfDoNDCOverlay to False. It seems that
some of the WRF scripts set this to True (default is False) because it
was more efficient, but I'm wondering if this is causing the problem for
zoomed plots.

I can't remember if this resolved the issue, and maybe someone with more
expertise can weigh in. Anyway, it might be worth a try.

Jonathan