Re: X-sections

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:30:19 -0700 (MST)

> I need to create a cross-section of data that is on a lambert conformal
> grid. I can calculate the great circle path between the points using
> gc_latlon, but is there a way to interpolate to the path when the latitude
> and longitude arrays corresponding to the data are 2-D?

If you want a cross section along a specific latitude or longitude
in Lambert conformal space, I have a script that will do it.
I will send it off-line.

If you want a cross section along some user specified
set of locations, then there is no function to do this.

However .... :-)

Look at Example 3: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/narr.shtml

Although, this is for the North American Regional Reanalysis [NARR],
it is on a Lambert Confomal projection

This example interpolates via a nearest neighbor algorithm ["triple2grid"]
to a regular grid (2x2 in the example)

You can then use "linint2_points" function to interpolate to a user
specified sequence of points on the 2x2 grid.

Good Luck