Re: Map of Indian states

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:18:19 -0700 (MST)

Hi Prince,

I think Adam is out this morning. If you can get these lat/lon values
into something that NCL can read, like an ASCII file or even a netCDF
file, then yes, this would be of help.

For example, if you had an ascii file "latlon.dat" with two columns:

     lat_value1 lon_value1
     lat_value2 lon_value2
       .... ...

Then you can read it in with:

    latlon = asciiread("latlon.dat",-1,"float")
    lat = latlon(0::2)
    lon = latlon(1::2)

You can then use these lat/lon values in a call to "gsn_add_polyline" to
attach and draw them on your map plot. Please see example 4 or 6 at:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polyg.shtml

for information on how to add lines to a map plot.

--Mary