Re: Background Map

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 09 2011 - 08:18:13 MST

Hello, This is the wrong email group for this type of question.
Please post the question to " ncl-talk@ucar.edu ".

  Countries? If so, what countries? Country outlines of South America?

"yes" you can do what you want.

Some examples of different maps

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu

Click "Examples"

Under "Map Projections", click "Maps Only"
Looks at Examples 8, 9 and 16

--
You can always down load detailed "shape files" if NCL doe not have
what you want.