Re: ctrans device for AIX

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2011 - 08:01:35 MDT

Dear Hassan,

There's no AIX format for ctrans. ctrans is for converting from a gmeta to other raster formats, like xwd.

Ctrans is a fairly old application and hasn't been updated in awhile. We recommend that people instead send their output to a PS or PDF file, and then use ImageMagick's "convert" program to convert to other formats.

See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/#o_formats_002

for more information. If you are using an NCAR Graphics Fortran or C program to generate the "gmeta" file, the above information still applies. You will need to change your open workstation call to send the output to a PS file instead of an NCGM.

--Mary