Re: question about controlling number of streamlines in streamplot

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:57:46 -0700 (MST)

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/st.shtml

Yes, NCL does have a (sometimes) large number of
resources for assorted plots. Streamlines are no different.

 res@stLineStartStride = 8 ; 2 is the default

An alternative resource that could be used is "stMinDistanceF".
However, I have never used it and can offer no giudance.

  res@stMinDistanceF = 0.035 ; guess

see: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/stream.shtml [Example 4]

If stMinDistanceF has a positive non-zero value
the stLineStartStride resource is ignored.
[Note: some examples use both ... ignore that].

Use either stLineStartStride or stMinDistanceF

Good luck