help with resource files

From: Marjolaine Rouault <marjolaine_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:35:13 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to use resources but I am struggling with a few things. Let us say
that I want to use a resource file called res.sst, for all my sst plots. My
ncl script is called for example, plotSST.ncl and my output ps file which is
called ouputPlot.ps must be located in a directory called ouputPath.

Using the lines in plotSST.ncl:
type= "ps"
type_at_wkPSFileName = ouputPlot
wks = gsn_open_wks(type,"sst")

I am able to ouput the plot to the correct name but I am not sure how to place
it in directory outputPath. If I call outputPlot = outputPath+outputPlot,
then I get an error message that ncl can not write to the ps file.

How can I direct my ps output to my outputPath ?

Also, the following in my resource file sst.res do not work:
*wkColorMap: BlAqGrYeOrRe
*gsnLeftString: !(for no string output)
*gsnRightString: Deg.C

Eventually, I am not managing to give the right statements in my sst.res file
to get a labelbar just for the colour contours of my SST plot.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Marjolaine.