Re: help with resource files

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:56:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi Marjolaine,

You pose a good question. For starters, when you use a resource file,
you want to name it such that the ".res" is at the end of the file,
like "sst.res".

Unfortunately, after looking at the code for gsn_open_wks, it looks
like the names of the PS file and the resource file have to have
the same prefix. I will try to fix this, but meanwhile, if you
are okay with giving them both the same prefix, try this:

   type = "ps"
   name = ouputPath + ouputPlot
   wks = gsn_open_wks(type,name)

You will need to call the resource file ouputPlot.res, where
"ouputPlot" is whatever you've set this variable to. It will need to
be in the ouputPath directory.

--Mary