Re: Load command

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:45:19 -0600 (MDT)

I am sure Mary or Dave Brown will correct me if I am wrong.

I have wanted to do the same type thing
but with shared objects which were compiled with
different compilers.

   OS = systemfunc("uname")

   if (OS.eq."IRIX") then
       external FOO /ptmp/shea/irix/foo.so
   end if
    if (OS.eq."SunOS") then
       external FOO /ptmp/shea/sun/foo.so
   end if
     :
     :

However, even if I was on an SGI machine running IRIX,
NCL would try to load the SUN .so file. This obviously
caused problems.

My guess is that it can not be done under the current implementation.