Re: question for converting NCOM ocean model grid to CCSM3 POP model grid

From: Keith Lindsay <klindsay_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:51:23 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

I looked in our repository of mapping and did not find any going to or
from an NCOM grid. So I'm not aware of it having been done.

The SCRIP distribution has tools to generate grid files for latlon grids
and POP grids. (It also has tools for Gaussian grids.) The latlon grid
tool assumes equally spaced grids, but could easily be modified to read
in NCOM grid information.

Keith