Re: Label Bar Top Margin

From: Jack Glendening <ncarg_drjack_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:18:42 -0700

On Tuesday August 8 2006 10:30, Mary Haley wrote:
> move the labelbar towards or away from the plot.
> The documentation for these Margin resources talk about an "LabelBar
> extent" which doesn't seem to be very well defined. There's an extent
> that applies to the individual boxes themselves, and one that applies
> to the title, but I'm not sure how the margins work with regard to
> the "extent". I'll try to get some clarification on this.

OK, I do have a work around of sorts in that I can change
pmLabelBarHeightF - but I was hoping not to have to do that since I'd
like things to automatically adjust to plots with different aspect
ratios and I'd like to think that the automatically computed value
does that intelligently (of course if it isn't really very intelligent
then fixing pmLabelBarHeightF would be the way to go).

I also did not understand what an "LabelBar extent" was when
reading the documentation. And I can't see why the "offset between
the topmost LabelBar element and the top edge of the LabelBar
perimeter" should ever be negative if the "topmost LabelBar element, the
colorbar in this case, is to be within the perimeter.

                      Jack