Re: ESRI SHAPEFILES

From: James Boyle <boyle5_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:24:02 -0700

The indefatigable Jeff Whittaker has python code to read ESRI shape
files. It is included in his
basemap
(http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/
matplotlib.toolkits.basemap.basemap.html) toolkit for matplotlib.
The shapefile code is quite independent of the plotting stuff so this
is a path for pyNGL to shape files.

--Jim