Re: geotiff

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:03:48 -0600

Hi Rahul,

> Is there some way to get geotiff into NCL ?

Currently, NCL does not support the reading of geotiff-formatted files.

A similar question (regarding georeferenced data shapefiles) was
posed to the group, here is the reply:

        The NCL Development Team is considering integrating the Geospatial
Data Abstraction Library (GDAL http://www.gdal.org) into NCL to
read shapefiles and other georeferenced data.

        We'd appreciate hearing what users think about this approach, and
if there are other possibilities that we might not
        be considering.

Your input regarding this is welcome and appreciated.

-Rick.

----
Rick Grubin      NCAR/CISL/SCD/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies
grubin_at_ucar.edu             303.497.1832