Re: different plot sizes

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:05:43 -0600 (MDT)

> I'm trying to plot two fields in one figure: a contour plot and a vector
> plot, but the panel of the vector plot appears with greater size.
> Apparently all map attributes of the two plots are the same.
> Could you help me?
>
> Please, find attached my ncl scrypt and gif files.

Shouldn't

    plot(0) = gsn_contour_map(xwks,u(indice,{200},:,:),res)

be

    plot(0) = gsn_csm_contour_map(xwks,u(indice,{200},:,:),res)
                  ^^^

===========

It seems that you have used the examples associated with:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Getting_Started/

There are *many* more examples at

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/index.shtml

Finally, it is recommended that users install the attached
.hluresfile in your home directory. This sets the default
at helvetica but you can change it to anything you want.

Then you do *not* have the use things like:

    res_at_tiMainString = ":F25:..."
                        ^^^^^

Good luck