stringtointeger - reformatting?

From: Micah Sklut <micahs2005_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:09:35 -0500

Hello,

I am running into a problem I believe that has to do with how I"m using the
stringtointeger conversion.
I'm reading in directional txt... example: "320" , "5 ","180","35 "

I have a small function which changes the integers to directional text..
example: "NW", "ESE", etc...

the data is originally in string format, so I use the stringtointeger
function to change to integer. I have no problems
with this when the text contains 3 values ("320"), but if the text is " 5 "
or "35 " the stringtointeger function works without error, but
i get an error when I take the integer into the function.

I get the following error:
fatal: Illegal right-hand-side type for assignment

Does this make sense that the error is due to taking a 3 character string
with blanks into an integer?
If so, is there a way to format the string, to remove any blank
characters?

Thank you.

Micah Sklut