Regridding high resolution data, question

From: Gina Henderson <ginah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 12:34:31 MST

Hi there,

I am trying to regrid some high resolution data to a coarser grid using the
linint2 function. I am trying to regrid data on a 0.01x0.01 grid to a
0.05x0.05 grid. When I try and run my ncl script it seems to be very slow
and has not successfully run through and performed the regrid as of yet. I
am wondering if the problem is just the size of the data I am trying to
regrid?

I am running ncl version 5.2.1 on the following system: Darwin
geog-gina-mbpro.local 10.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.6.0: Wed Nov 10
18:13:17 PST 2010; root:xnu-1504.9.26~3/RELEASE_I386 i38

I have uploaded a subsection of the original HDF file onto the
ftp.cdg.ucar.edu server as the original file was very large. The data file
is called: highres_data_ginah.nc and the script I am using to read it is:
regrid_hires_ginah.ncl

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, Gina.